Dogs – level 1
Some dogs are very special. People teach them how to work. After difficult training these dogs help people. Where do people use these dogs?
1. In nature. Somebody goes outside. He cannot find his way back. The dogs find him. People from the team help him. Good dogs can work outside for 4-8 hours.
2. After catastrophes. People are in a big house. This house falls down. People are under the house. The dogs can find them.
3. After somebody dies. The police need to find a body. They use the dogs. The dogs can find the body. They can find bones too.
4. In the mountains. There is a lot of snow in the mountains. Sometimes the snow falls down. People are under the snow. The dogs must find them very fast.
5. In water. Somebody tries to swim. He cannot swim very well. He needs help. The dogs jump in the water and help him.
The training is very difficult and long. The dog is 8 weeks old when the training starts. After one year of training the dog can start to work. There are a lot of organisations for training these dogs in the world.
Written by Hana
How to improve your English with News in Levels: