Balloons fly to North Korea – level 2
South Korean protesters launched three balloons with anti-Pyongyang messages in a city near the border of the Koreas.
In the 50,000 leaflets, the protesters condemned North Korea’s provocations against the Republic of Korea. The leaflets criticised Kim Jong Un, as well.
In January, North Korea did a nuclear test, and in February, it launched a rocket. This meant that the situation between the Koreas became worse.
Difficult words: launch (to send up into the air), leaflet (a piece of paper with some information), condemn (to criticise).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.