Dangerous hoverboards - level 2
Hoverboards are one of the most popular Christmas gifts, but many of them are dangerous. In the last two months, people tested 17,000 hoverboards in the UK and found that 15,000 of them were unsafe.
They were unsafe because they included safety issues with the plugs, cabling, chargers and batteries. The boards can catch fire or even explode. Hoverboards caused three house fires in London in just 10 days in October. Fire officers are warning people about the possible dangers.
Difficult words: hover (to move in the air – the hoverboards are not real hoverboards because they have wheels), issue (a problem).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you still want a hoverboard?
How to improve your English with News in Levels: