Dark Side of the Moon – level 2
People on Earth can only see one side of the moon because the moon is locked to our planet. There is a side of the moon which you can never see. It is called the dark side of the moon.
First images of the side could be seen in 1959 thanks to a Soviet mission. Now, a camera aboard a NASA satellite captured it. It took a series of images. The images show a crater and how the moon moves across the Pacific Ocean towards North America.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the dark side of the moon?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.