Fire in Canada – level 2
There is a fire in Alberta, Canada. It spread to the outskirts of a city and forced the evacuation of 80,000 people. One woman said that they could not even take their things. They lost everything.
The fire stretches for 6,540 acres. Firefighters are continuing to tackle the fire, and they called for more help from other parts of Canada.
Last Wednesday, it was windy, which made the firefighting even more difficult.
Difficult words: outskirt (an outer part of a city), stretch (to exist over an area), tackle (to fight).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.