Hurricane Patricia – level 2
Hurricane Patricia is expected to be the strongest hurricane recorded in the western hemisphere.
The maximum winds of the hurricane reached speeds of about 241 kilometres per hour. The latest location of the hurricane was 362 kilometres from Mexico.
Mexican and American officials are telling people in parts of Mexico to prepare for the hurricane.
Difficult words: expect (to think that something will happen), hemisphere (half of the planet), official (somebody in a position of authority).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there hurricanes in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.