Man Gets a New Face – Level 1
A man has a bad accident. The accident destroys his face. He feels very bad about how he looks.
A second man is in a car accident. He dies. His family donates his face to the first man.
The first man has surgery. It goes very well. He now has a new face. Our bodies usually reject new body parts. His body does not reject the face.
The sister of the second man meets the first man. She is happy. She says that she sees her brother.
Difficult words: donate (to give something to help someone), surgery (when doctors work on your body), reject (to get rid of something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about that the man’s new face?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.