Man Saves a Dog in Peru – level 2
In Peru, there is harsh stormy weather. It is affecting people and animals.
A dog somehow became stranded on a rock in the middle of a large, muddy river. He jumped into the river and tried to climb the walls of a bridge, but the water tossed him about. People watched helplessly until the dog finally got on some stones at the river’s bank, and a taxi driver pulled the dog out of the river.
Rescue workers took the dog to a nearby shelter and named him after the river, although Lucky would be a good name!
Difficult words: harsh (difficult and uncomfortable), become stranded (to be unable to move), toss (throw), bank (the edge of a river).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you save the dog?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.