Man tries “walking” to Bermuda – level 1
A man has a big ball. He puts this ball on the water. He can walk in the ball and it moves.
The man wants to do something dangerous. He wants to walk from Florida to Bermuda then to Puerto Rico and back to Florida.
Coast guards from Florida look for the man. They find him. They tell him to stop this trip, but he is stubborn. However, he later activates his beacon. A helicopter comes to get him.
Difficult words: coast guard (group of people who help people in the sea), stubborn (he does not want to change his mind), beacon (emergency signal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the man is brave or crazy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.