Mexicans don’t like Trump – level 1
This news is from Mexico. During the Holy Week, people burn effigies. The effigies symbolise Judas. They can also symbolise unpopular politicians.
Donald Trump is very unpopular in Mexico. People burn his effigy. There are fireworks inside the effigy. They burn. In the end, Trump’s head explodes.
Mexicans are tired of Trump. They hope that he does not become the present of the USA.
Difficult words: effigy (a model of a person), politician (a person in politics – one of many leaders in a country), tired of (when people do not like something anymore).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.