North and South Korean families meet – level 1
During the Korean War, some Korean families are separated. Some of the family members live in the north of Korea, and some members live in the south of Korea. They cannot meet each other. They cannot phone each other. They are completely separated.
Now, North and South Korea hold reunions. People can meet at the border. The reunion is very emotional. People can see each other after 60 years!
Difficult words: separate (to be in pieces), family member (somebody who is in a family), reunion (an event where people meet after a long time), border (a line between two countries).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this reunion?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.