Poison in beans - level 2
An Afghan vendor sold beans in front of a school in Western Afghanistan. He told the 10 to 14-year-old boys that the beans would help them with their tests.
Many boys bought the beans, but they didn’t help them – the beans were poisoned and made the boys unconscious. Around 100 of them had go to hospital.
Police arrested the vendor, and they are investigating the incident. The poisoning of the beans was probably an accident, but nobody knows for sure yet.
Difficult words: vendor (a person who sells something), poisoned (something which is poisoned has poison in it – something which is bad for the body), unconscious (unable to move or communicate – to look asleep).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How to improve your English with News in Levels: