Rolling Stones in Cuba – level 2
The Rolling Stones is a British band that first formed in 1962. Cuba’s revolutionary government, led by Fidel Castro, found the music dangerous. Cuba banned the Rolling Stones across TV and radio.
However, the Rolling Stones performed in Cuba for the first time in history last month. Tens of thousands of people watched the show. Mic Jagger and company kicked off with their hit “Jumping Jack Flash”.
Fans waited for the concert for up to 18 hours before the start. A lot of them wore the band’s iconic tongue logo.
Difficult words: ban (if you ban something, you make it illegal), kick off (to start), iconic (very recognisable).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.