Russian and the West – level 1
Russia carries out a military training. The training has 8,500 soldiers, 900 military vehicles, 50 warships and 200 warplanesl. This drill happens in the south of Russia.
The West does not like this. The relations between Russia and the West are getting worse. The West criticizes Russia, and Russia criticizes the West. This is about Syria and Ukraine.
Also, NATO sends more soldiers to eastern Europe. Russia is growing its army. Both sides are getting more and more aggressive.
Difficult words: carry out (to do), military (an army), vehicle (a thing used for transport), relation (the way how people or countries communicate).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation between Russia and the West?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.