Self-tying shoes are here – level 3
Power laces, al-right!
Yes, “Back to the Future” has finally reached the now, meaning reaching down to tie your shoe laces could become a thing of the past with Nike revealing the very first self-tying shoe.
“You take the shoe, you just slide it on, when your heel hits the sensor, it’ll automatically close and adjust to a comfortable fit. Then if you want further adjustment, you press the tighten button or you press the loosen button. You go about your day…”
Apparently, it will even adapt to your preferred setting, meaning you won’t have to fiddle around with those buttons for long.
So the pain of shoe tying is gone, but there’s something else you’ll have to worry about with these shoes—charging them. Yeah, of course, they don’t work without a battery, but Nike says each charge will last around 2 weeks.
So Chistino Ronaldo loves the trainers. But what about when his football boots get really muddy? Well, they’ve apparently solved this too, revealing new boots that are made with a polymer that stops mud sticking to the sole.
So life on our feet has got very easy, but there’s no word on just how much it’s going to cost. I’m sure many will see it as a small price to pay to feel like they’re back to the future.
Difficult words: revealing (to show for the first time), slide on (to put on), adjust (to set), apparently (as it seems), fiddle around (to play with), sole (the underside of a shoe)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.