Swedish Taxi-pod – level 1
Students in Goteborg, Sweden, need to travel in the busy city centre. But now they do not need to take a bus or a taxi. They can use a Taxi-pod – a little yellow battery-powered car with three wheels.
The company Burst wants to solve the problem with traffic in centres in big cities. It would like to offer a perfect service for short trips in the city.
People on buses usually travel a long way. They are not in a hurry and they do not need to get to their final point. For lots of people, it is very important to travel quicker.
This service is not only about speed. The makers of these cars also want to improve air quality. They also want to solve traffic jam problems.
One of the passengers thinks that the Taxi-pods are good for clear air, cheap, easy to use in the city and fun.
Difficult words: pod (a small car), solve the problem (stop the problem), trip (a way), improve (make better).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.