Tesla Model 3 – level 2
Tesla, a company which makes electric cars, unveiled its first affordable car. It calls it the Tesla Model 3 and it will cost you 35,000 US dollars.
Even before knowing what the car looked like, many people waited in lines to put down a 1,000-dollar deposit on the car. However, even if you reserved the car, you have to wait until late 2017.
Tesla plans on making 500,000 cars a year. Last year, it managed to produced just over 50,000.
The car will go at least 350 kilometres per charge, and the base model will do 0 to 96 kilometres per hour in less than six seconds. Other models will be able to go faster.
Difficult words: unveil (show people for the first time), deposit (some money which you pay to reserve something), base (the least expensive version).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.