The First Folio – level 1
The First Folio is a book. There are 36 plays in the book. The plays are by William Shakespeare.
There are 230 copies of this book in the world. This makes every copy special. Every copy is very important.
One copy is in France. People do not know about it. It sits in a library for years. One day, however, a man finds it. Now people know that the book is special. They take good care of it.
The book stays in France for a year. Then, people move it to the United Kingdom.
Difficult words: play (a story which you can watch in a theatre), copy (one of many books which are the same), to take good care of something (to do things which keep something good).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like William Shakespeare's plays?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.