War children of Syria – level 2
The war in Syria is now five years old, and people are finding out that it is affecting an entire generation of children. It is a serious problem.
These children know brutality, many are in poverty, many need emergency help, and few go to school. Some children have lost one of their parents, some have left Syria, and some live in dangerous conditions. People worry what will happen to these children as they grow up living through this war.
Difficult words: generation (a group of people born at a certain time), brutality (violence), poverty (being very poor).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the situation for the Syrian children?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.