White tiger babies in Hungary – level 2
Rare white tiger babies received their first vaccination at a zoo in Hungary. The Bengal cubs were born two months ago and they are thought to be female.
Their mother refused to take care of them shortly after their birth, so people must do so. The zookeepers bottle-feed them and give them small amounts of meat. Like most babies, they are becoming more and more boisterous as they grow up. A few lucky visitors saw the babies.
Bengal White Tigers are extremely rare in the wild. There are fewer than 2,500 of them in the wild.
Difficult words: vaccination (the act of receiving a vaccine – a weak virus of a disease), cub (a young tiger), boisterous (noisy, energetic, and cheerful).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.