Woman saves dogs – level 1
This news is about a woman. She lives in China. She is old. She does not work anymore. She helps dogs.
In China, people eat dogs. This is normal to them. They say that this is a tradition. The woman does not like this. She saves dogs. She has many dogs at her home.
Her dogs eat 200 kilograms of food every day. Because of this, she has no money. She owes 800,000 yuan.
Difficult words: tradition (something which is typical for a country), owe (if you owe somebody money, you have somebody’s money, but you must give the money back).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is it OK or not OK to eat dogs? What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.