2022 climate change solutions – level 3
Around the world, people find solutions for climate change.
Divers restored Cuba’s coral reefs by replanting bits of broken coral on nursery trees. Each handmade nursery tree can hold 40 to 50 coral fragments, and in one year, 400 fragments can create a barrier reef of 60 to 80 meters in length from only repopulated coral.
Fields in California, United States, turned into massive ponds to store flood water in wet years and recharge the land during dry years. People rely heavily on groundwater; however, they must invest in water recharge when they can.
A man from Tunisia compressed mine waste into bricks. These recycled bricks hold heat and save up to 50% of building costs.
Santiago’s Mapocho River was a contaminated eyesore and is now a thriving urban wetland. After a decade-long effort between governments and local communities, the river now cleans the area and helps to control invasive species.
Alice is an all-electric aircraft; it debuted its 8-minute flight. The plane produces no carbon emissions, and it significantly reduces noise and costs.
Difficult words: recharge (to collect water so it goes deep into the ground), eyesore (an unpleasant or ugly sight in a public place), invasive (tend to spread quickly and difficult to stop).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos