5G and Coronavirus – level 2
Conspiracy theories that link COVID-19 and 5G technology are spreading around the world. One theory says that 5G waves affect people´s immune systems.
The other theory says that the coronavirus is not happening and that local governments and media want people to stay at home. The reason is so companies can build 5G towers.
Health officials said that these theories are not true. 5G installation and the coronavirus outbreak are happening at the same time and that makes people believe that they are connected.
Social media help spread false information about the coronavirus. People often want to post interesting information, and they do not check if what they post is true. People must think more carefully.
Difficult words: conspiracy theory (when people believe that what happens is a plan of powerful people), immune system (how strong a body is to fight with a disease), outbreak (a sudden start to something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.