A man fakes his death – level 2
On Friday, a Scottish court decided that Arthur Knight faked his own death, and his real name was Nicolas Rossi. Rossi will return to the US where a court convicted him of a sexual attack.
In 2020, Rossi faked his own death, because he didn’t want to go to prison, and he escaped to Scotland. Last year, he got sick with the coronavirus and went to hospital. Staff at the hospital noticed that he had tattoos on his arms.
Authorities learned that the man was someone else. For 11 months, Rossi tried to convince authorities that he was Knight. He said that someone tattooed his arms when he was unconscious in the hospital.
Rossi will return to the US in March 2023.
Difficult words: convict (to confirm in court that someone did something wrong), convince (to make someone believe something), unconscious (not awake and aware).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos