A mysterious golden object in the ocean – level 3
A mysterious golden orb, possibly an egg from an unknown sea creature or a marine sponge, has been found on the ocean floor off Alaska’s Pacific coast.
This enigmatic object was discovered by a remote-controlled submarine explorer at a depth of approximately 3.2 kilometers. Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa) in the US, who made the discovery, are conducting DNA tests and analyses to determine its identity. The orb has a unique skin-like texture, and researchers are puzzled by its true nature. The object was delicately handled using a remotely operated arm and then suctioned up a tube for further examination.
This discovery is part of the Seascape Alaska 5 expedition, exploring the Gulf of Alaska’s depths and its unique marine life.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What clues are the scientists using to determine the identity of the mysterious golden orb?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.