A robot works with food – level 2
A Japanese company developed a humanoid robot which helps pack food.
The company introduced the robot at a technology exhibition in Tokyo where the robot sorted noodles. It is 1.5 meters tall, and it has hands which look like forks.
Special software tells what kind of food is in front of the robot. The robot can pick up to 500 grams of food, including vegetables or fried chicken, and put it in a box. Another device then weighs the food and takes it to another place.
Japan is currently having problems with few workers in the food industry, and these robots could be a solution. They are cheaper, and events like the COVID-19 pandemic do not change their work.
Difficult words: humanoid (a machine which looks like a human), exhibition (an event where companies show their products to people or customers), solution (a thing or idea which solves a problem or difficult situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.