Animals see the future – level 2
Paul the Octopus rose to fame when he predicted the outcome of eight matches in the 2010 World Cup.
Now, another football tournament is starting and new animals are trying to predict the future. People picked Oobi-Ooobi the koala and Astrid the sea lion at a German zoo. The director of the zoo said that they are impartial to European football.
The koala predicted that Germany would draw Ukraine, and the sea lion predicted a win for Ukraine.
Difficult words: predict (say that something will happen), tournament (a competition, games), impartial (neutral).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos