Baby born in sac – level 1
A baby is born in California. His birth is very special.
Doctors cut him out of his mother. He is born premature. He is born inside the amniotic sac.
This does not happen a lot. The sac usually breaks when a baby is born.
There are pictures of this baby. You can see him inside the sac. You can see his hands and a leg. Doctors cut him out of the sac. They help him breathe.
Now, the baby is ten weeks old. He is healthy. Doctors say that he can go home soon.
Difficult words: premature (early), amniotic sac (the baby lives in this bag when he is inside his mother), breathe (to take air in the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this birth?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.