Baby born in sac – level 2
In California, doctors cut a baby out of his mother 26 weeks early and something unusual happened. The baby was born inside of the amniotic sac. Few babies are born like this because the sac normally breaks during birth.
Someone took pictures of the baby boy when he was inside the sac. You can see his hands and a leg. He still had the placenta and umbilical cord with him, also. Doctors helped him once they cut him out of the sac.
The baby is ten weeks old now. The doctors said that he can go home soon.
Difficult words: amniotic sac (a baby who is not born yet lives inside this sac – bag), placenta (an organ which feeds and helps the baby), umbilical cord (the long skin the mother’s body makes to join her to her baby)
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this birth?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.