Baby Gorilla – level 2
Overnight, a baby gorilla was born at San Diego Zoo Safari Park in California. When keepers came to work one morning, they got a beautiful surprise.
However, they could not get a very close look of the baby – baby gorillas are very small, and the moms hold them very close to their chests. Gorilla babies weigh between 1.6 to 2 kilograms.
The baby girl was born to mum Cocoa and dad Winston. She is their second child together.
The baby is the eighth member of the park’s group of gorillas. They are all western lowland gorillas which are critically endangered.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.