Bill Gates Leaves Microsoft – level 2
Bill Gates helped set up one of the biggest companies in the world, Microsoft. In the past, he was the CEO of the company.
He is now leaving the company´s board of directors because he wants to focus on his charity activities. He wants to support global health and education, and he want to fight climate change, too.
Gates is a great philanthropist. He gives a lot of money to poor and sick people, and he supports things that are good for people. His wife and he said that they will donate up to $100 million dollars to help stop the coronavirus. Gates said that people who need medicine must get them, and he told governments and companies to work hard to stop the coronavirus.
Difficult words: CEO (a chief executive officer, the person with the highest position in a company), board of directors (a group of people who run a company), philanthropist (a person who gives to other people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.