Black Bears Scare Tourists – level 2
Yellowstone National Park is a national park in the USA. Its symbol is the black bear.
A black bear and her cubs chased a group of tourists on a bridge in the park. People filmed the moment and it showed the scared tourists, as well as those who just kept taking photographs.
Bear mothers are highly protective of their cubs, and they will attack if they feel threatened.
People weren’t always as careful around the park’s bears as they are now. From 1910 to the 1960s, people were allowed to feed the bears along the roads.
Difficult words: cub (a young bear), threatened (in danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos