Boats Crash in Budapest – level 3
At least seven people died after a sightseeing boat capsized and sank on the Danube River in Budapest last Wednesday. People say that those they found dead were not wearing life jackets.
Thirty-five people were on board the boat when it crashed into another vessel during a rainstorm. Several people were saved but as of Thursday afternoon, 21 passengers were still missing.
Apart from two Hungarian crew members, all of the passengers were South Korean tourists. South Korea’s Foreign Ministry said that the country was sending its own rescue workers to help search for survivors.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.