Burt Bacharach dies – level 3
One of the most accomplished composers of the 20th century, Burt Bacharach, died at 94.
Bacharach achieved a string of top 10 hits from the 1950s to the 21st century. His songs included ‘Walk On By’, ‘I Say A Little Prayer’, and ‘Do You Know The Way To San Jose’. He was a three-time Oscar winner, receiving two Academy Awards in 1970 for the score of ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’ and ‘Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head’. Bacharach wrote material for Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield, and Tom Jones, and his songs were covered by many artists. In 2012, Barack Obama presented him with the Gershwin Prize.
According to his publicist, Bacharach died last week on Wednesday at his Los Angeles home of natural causes. He is survived by his fourth wife Jane Hansen, their children Oliver and Raleigh, and his son Christopher.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What was Burt Bacharach's most recent award?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.