Business world news – level 2
These are some of the world’s most important business news of this week.
One year ago, Russia invaded Ukraine, which changed the global business and energy market, and inflation rose in many countries. Politicians and military leaders met in Munich, Germany, to discuss further help to Ukraine.
It seems that Europe may get out of recession because business activity is increasing. The European Central Bank is waiting for the latest data from stock markets. It will probably keep rising rates because inflation is very high.
In 2020, G20 countries agreed to change the debt payments of the poorest countries. This week, 20 finance ministers met to discuss debt payments of middle-income countries and the possibility of forgiving debts after the pandemic.
Difficult words: recession (a period of low business activity), stock market (a place where people or companies buy and sell parts of other companies), debt (money which someone owes and has to pay back).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Are you enjoying this text? Check out our other texts.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.