Car and a Tank Hit – level 2
An 18 year-old German driver ignored another vehicle’s right of way and was so unlucky that the vehicle was a 62-tonne tank.
The driver of the tank could not stop it, but he managed to turn it so that the driver of the car was not crushed. The damage on the Toyota was worth around 8,000 pounds. Unsurprisingly, the tank was not damaged.
Difficult words: vehicle (a machine like a car, bus, motorbike etc.), right of way (right to drive into a road before other vehicles).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you always follow right of way when you drive?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos