Car falls into a sinkhole – level 1
This news is from China. An accident happens on a road. The road has to have sand under it. This sand is gone.
A heavy truck goes on this road. A part of the road falls in. There is a space in the road. A space like this is called a sinkhole. Cars see the sinkhole. They drive around it.
However, one car drives too close to it. One of its wheels is not on the road. It is above the hole. It is in the air. There are two people in the car. They get out of it. A few minutes later, the sinkhole gets bigger. The car falls down inside it.
Difficult words: truck (a big car for moving things), wheel (a thing which is shaped like a circle; cars have four wheels).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.