Chaos during a bullfight – level 1
There is a festival in Peru. This festival is a tradition. It started in the 17th century. The festival ends with a bullfight.
The bull is on a rope. The drunken assistant lets the bull go. It is free and angry. It runs into people and throws them in the air. More than 10 people are hurt. People catch the assistant. They hit him for letting the bull go.
Difficult words: festival (a special event), tradition (something old and typical for a country), rope (line), drunken (he has alcohol in his body), hurt (have problems with the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like bullfights?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.