Chocolate news – level 2
A study compared people who ate chocolate to those who didn’t. What did the study discover?
In short, those who ate chocolate are healthier! They have an 11 per cent lesser risk of cardiovascular disease and a 25 per cent reduced risk of associated death. Eating up to two bars a day appears to protect against heart disease and stroke.
It is known that dark chocolate has health benefits – chocolate is full of antioxidants which can help you age more slowly. However, experts say that there is no evidence that chocolate makes you healthier.
Difficult words: cardiovascular (relating to the heart and blood vessels – the body’s tubes for blood), associated (connected), benefit (something which is good).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like chocolate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.