Coca-Cola and plastic – level 2
Coca-Cola is a company that makes soft drinks, and it is also the world’s worst plastic polluter.
Many people and companies criticized Coca-Cola that it did nothing to limit its plastic. The company officially said that it knew about the problem with plastic on streets, beaches, and in the oceans.
It finally promised to do something with it. Coca-Cola said that it would be possible to recycle all its packaging by 2030. Also, 25% of the packaging will be reusable. It means that people will be able to use something more than once.
Not everyone was happy about the news. Some people said that reducing trash was more important than recycling.
Difficult words: polluter (a person or company which puts bad things in the water, air, and so on), limit (to use less), recycle (to use things and materials to make new things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos