Coronavirus and Tourism – level 2
Before the coronavirus pandemic, many tourist destinations were full of tourists, which had a big impact on nature. Tourists left a lot of trash behind, and they affected wildlife.
The coronavirus made it very difficult to travel, and it was bad for local businesses. But there was a positive impact of the coronavirus, too. In Thailand, the beaches were much cleaner than before the pandemic. Some fish returned to Thai waters, and turtles laid eggs on beaches that were usually full of tourists.
The Thai government said that the country would close all its national parks for three months every year. The government wants to help nature recover from tourism.
Difficult words: tourist destination (a place that people visit when they are on holiday), impact (a big change to something), national park (an area that is protected because of its nature, plants, and animals), recover (to return to a normal state).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.