Countries will not show a Disney movie – level 2
‘Lightyear’ is a new movie by Pixar Animation Studios, and Disney delivers it other countries. It is about a young astronaut Buzz Lightyear. He is on a dangerous planet, and he tries to return home with his commander and other astronauts.
14 countries said that they wouldn’t show the movie, including Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Lebanon. The reason was the movie has a scene where two women kiss, and in some Muslim countries, homosexuality is a crime. China asked Disney to remove the scene, and Disney did, but then it put the scene in the movie again.
The premiere of the movie is in the US and Canada on Friday.
Difficult words: commander (a leader), homosexuality (a situation when a woman loves women and a man loves men), premiere (the first show of a film, play, and so on).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos