Crane falls down in New York – level 1
This news is from New York, USA. An accident happens there. A crane falls down. The crane is really big. It is 330 tonnes heavy. The crane destroys houses and cars. It kills some people, too. People must leave the area.
A bride is in this area. She must get to the New York city hall. Her wedding is there. But there is chaos everywhere. Firefighters help her. She gets to the wedding.
Difficult words: crane (a very big, tall, metal thing for moving heavy things), bride (a woman who is getting married), chaos (a situation when many things happen at one time and you do not know what is going to happen next).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you saw a crane like this one fall down?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.