Cryotherapy – level 3
Whole Body Cryotherapy is New York’s latest health and fitness trend, which is meant to boost metabolism and help the body heal itself.
The treatment, which people developed in Japan and people have used in parts of Europe for about twenty years, means that you have to submerse yourself in extremely low temperatures of -130 degrees Celsius.
Cryotherapy works by making the brain believe that the body is freezing, which then goes into survival mode and begins to send blood, enriched with oxygen, enzymes and nutrients, to the body’s core.
In one of New York’s spa, customers pay about 90 US dollars for a three-minute treatment. They wear a bathing suit, socks and gloves to protect themselves from acute frostbite while liquid nitrogen is used to cool the air in the chamber.
Difficult words: metabolism (how fast the body uses food), submerse (cover completely).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you like to try cryotherapy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos