Doctors switch embryos – level 3
A couple sued a fertility clinic in California, US, for switching their embryo or unborn baby with another couple’s during an IVF treatment.
IVF is a procedure during which a laboratory helps a woman’s eggs and a man’s sperm come together to create embryos, and then the embryos are put into the woman’s body.
In 2019, Daphne Cardinal and her husband Alexander gave birth to and raised the other couple’s baby for months before discovering the mistake. Alexander said that he immediately suspected that something was wrong because the baby girl didn’t resemble either of them. Two months later, the couple got a DNA test to confirm the infant wasn’t their actual child. Daphne said that she breastfed and cared for the child that she was later forced to give away.
The Cardinals are suing the clinic for not following their contract, not performing medical procedures correctly, negligence, and fraudulent concealment. They say that they suffered severe emotional damage as did their five-year-old daughter.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.