Dog is saved in France – level 1
A man is walking his dog. He is near Paris. He finds another dog. It is buried. You can see only its head.
The man takes pictures of the dog. He puts them on Facebook. He does this to teach people about animal cruelty. People take the dog to a doctor. The dog’s owner is in trouble. Maybe, he will go to prison or he will pay money.
Many people are angry with him. They want him to be punished.
Difficult words: buried (under the ground), cruelty (when you’re cruel – when you do bad things to somebody), owner (a person who owns – has something), punish (to make somebody do something because they did something bad).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this? How would you punish the man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.