Dog surfing competition – level 2
There was a surfing competition for dogs in California. Dogs of all sizes and breeds jumped on boards to see who was the best.
First prize for large dogs went to a dog from Hollywood. He is the current defending champion. Last year, he won all three competitions. He really loves to surf.
Owners at the beach said that their dogs really like surfing. You must know what your dog likes. Some dogs may like it, some may not.
Hundreds of people watched the event. Some owners even dressed up their pets as characters.
Difficult words: breed (kind), defending (he won the last competition), character (person in a book, play or film).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Do you have a pet? Does it like anything unusual?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.