Europe’s night trains – level 3
The launch of a new low-cost night train service from Brussels to Berlin by European Sleeper could have a significant impact on the future of rail travel in Europe.
The success of this venture will set a precedent for other planned night train routes and determine the EU’s ability to reduce carbon emissions. The Brussels-Berlin service aims to cater to the growing demand for sustainable travel options and compete with budget airlines. While the initial response has been positive, the challenges of financing and acquiring modern trains remain. However, there is optimism about the demand for night train services, including city breaks and business travel.
The availability of funding and modern trains will be key to the commercial success of these ventures and the revival of night train travel in Europe.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What challenges do the night train operators anticipate in the commercial success of their ventures?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.