Exercise and get a free ticket – level 1
Mexico has a problem. Its people are fat. Around 37 million Mexicans are fat.
The government wants to help these people. It puts 30 health stations in Mexico City. If you walk to one health station, it tells you to squat. When you squat, it tells you how to be healthy. When you do 10 squats, you get a free ticket! You can use this ticket, for example, on a bus.
Why are so many Mexicans fat? The government says that it is because of bad food and drinks.
Difficult words: government (the bosses of a country), health (your health is good when your body and mind are good), squat (to get down).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you do 10 squats for a free ticket?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.