Facebook Moderators Have Problems – level 2
A content moderator is a person who checks what people post on social media. People who work for Facebook watch thousands of videos every day.
Some videos show murder, child abuse, and suicide. Moderators must check all videos, and they delete videos that break Facebook’s rules.
More than 11,000 content moderators developed mental problems from what they watched. Facebook agreed to pay $52 million to these people, and the company will also provide more counseling to its moderators. Every moderator, who has mental problems, will get a minimum of $1,000.
Facebook said that the company is grateful to the people who do this important work, and Facebook will help these people in the future, too.
Difficult words: child abuse (when somebody hurts a child physically or mentally), suicide (when a person takes his own life), counseling (professional help to people who have personal problems).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos